Sex offender banned from being within 100m of areas where kids congregate.
CONCERNS have been raised about how police and social services are monitoring a hhigh-profile loyalist jailed for sexually abusing a 13-year-old schoolgirl. Convicted paedophile Mark Harbinson (45) received a three-and-a-half year sentence for molesting the schoolgirl and having topless pictures of her on his mobile phone.
Harbinson, from sheepwalk Road in Stoneyford, was released from Magilligan Prison last month. He will remain monitored by police, probition and social services as a convicted sex offender untill May 2017. Among the restrictions placed upon him are he must not communicate or associate with any youths under 18-years-of-age. However, it is beleived that since his release Harbinson has reinvolved himself with The Pride of the Village flute band despite the band having very young members. The group has applied to hold a mass band parade through the village involving 20 bands and more than 1,000 supporters next Sarurday. Residents say Harbinson has also been seen in the company of teenagers at a loyalist bonfire site on the outskirts of Stoneyford, in direct breach of his release conditions. These state he must not be within 100 meters of areas “where children congregate without prior notification of Social Services”.
Police have been asked to clarify if Harbinson – who was expelled from the Orange Order following his conviction – has breached the terms of his release since returning to the area. South Antrim MLA Michel McLaughlin is to meet the PSNI area district commander today. Mr McLaughlin said peope had raised concerns about Harbinson return to the village and tensions linked to it. “There has not been a bonefire in this village for sometime,” he said. “I understand that Mark Herbinson has involved himself in the village band and was seen on Tuesday afternoon in the company of youths at the bonefire site,” he said. “I will be meeting with police to hear how they intend handling the situation in Stoneyford.”
Answers sought over paedophile’s possible breach of release terms.
Restrictions placed upon him include :
- That he must not “without reasonable excuse cause or excuse from directly initiating any comnunicition with or initiating access to and having association with any children under the age of 18.
- Having any young person under 18 in any vehicle which he owns or has access to without prior approval from Social Services and his Designated Risk Manger.
- Possessing any software including mobile telephone/ computer technology/ camera, which would store files or images of young persons unless approved by his designated risk manger.
- Having in his possession any photograph of a child under the age of 18 years without prior approval from Social Services and his Designated Risk Manger.
- Participating in any voluntary or charitable organisation without the appoval of his risk manger.
He must also allow police and social services access to his home at any time to search the premises to ensure he is a biding by the terms of his release.
With many thanks to : Allison Morris, Irish News.
- Concerns Raised Over Harbinson-band Event ! (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Paedo ‘Harbinson’ Back in Orange Hall Where He Abused Young Girl ! (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- THE PAEDOPHILE: Part 2 of a Slog Special…. (hat4uk.wordpress.com)
- Man Charged With Possessing Pornographic Images of Bestiality (preciousjules1985.wordpress.com)
- MP calls for crackdown on ‘paedophile’ hotels (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- Paedophile priest James Donaghy admits molesting a fourth victim (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)