Flag protester Jamie (Provo Bhoy) Bryson wants his bail conditions relexed !!!

LEADING loyalist flag protester (and poster boy) Jamie Bryson is to aa play to have his bail conditions relaxed so he can attend further protests and speak at demonstrations.

MEANWHILE IN SOUTH ARMAGH !

Mr Bryson (23), will a play to Belfast Magistrates Court today in a bid to be aallowed to attend a protest against a contentious republican march through Castlederg in Co Tyrone later this month. His friend pastor Mark Gordon said Mr Bryson expects his application will be refused and if so he will a play to the High Court. “Police seem to want to drag this out as long as they possibly can. In the meantime they expect Jamie to sit on his hands and remain silent,” he said. “I think the time has come when he cannot reasonably be expected to do it any longer, especially given the current circumstances within the pProvence.”

US visiter arrested at women’s prison in dissident probe

‘His only crime appears to be being online friends with someone who is perceived to be a republican – Angela Nelson.

A US university student visiting a penpal in Hydebank women’s prison has been arrested by detectives investigating dissident republican activity. Zach Gevelinger was arrested after visiting Christine Connor who is on remand accused of trying to kill two police officers in a pipe-bomb attack

* PENPAL: Zach Gevelinger (24) was arrested as he left Hydebank after visiting Christine Connor who is on remand charged with possessing pipe bombs.

.

Ms Connor (27) appeared before Belfast Magistrates Court last month charged with two counts of attempted murder and possession of pipe bombs in relation to an attack on police in the Ballysillan area on May 28. Although it is believed that Mr Gevelinger, from Wisconsin, had been ccommunicating with the North Belfast woman on social networking sites prior to her aarrest, this was his first meeting with her. He arrived in Dublin last Wednesday before traveling north. He made contact with Ms Connor’s mother who arranged a prison visit with her daughter for Saturday afternoon. However, afterwards Mr Gevelinger was met in the car park of Hydebank Wood detention centre, on the outskirts of south Belfast, by detectives from the serious crime unit and taken to Antrim Police Station for questioning.

Police searched a room at Benedict’s Hotel in south Belfast where he had been staying and seized his belongings, which included ccomputer equipment. FREE ZACHARY GEVELINGERThe US consulate in Belfast is liaising with the PSNI which successfully applied for an extension on Monday to hold the 24-year-old for a further 72 hours. Independent Lisburn councillor Angela Nelson has been in contact with the consulate on Mr Gevelinger’s behalf. “This is a young man who was visiting Ireland as a tourist. His only alleged crime appears to be being online friends with someone who is perceived to be a republican,” she said. “He has now been held since Saturday using draconian anti-terrorist legislation in a strange country without any family support. He should be released immediately.” A police spokesman said officers from the serious crime branch had been “granted a further 72 hours to question a man in his twenties arrested in the Belfast area on Saturday July 6”. Last month Lesley Concannon (32) from the US state of West Virgina was released on £25,000 bail after being charged in connection with dissident republican activity. The Zumba teacher was charged with her husband Kevin Barry Concannon (39) after police raided their home at Beachwood Avenue in Derry. The court was told that Ms Concannon first came to Ireland onholiday three years ago and meet her future husband during that visit.

With many thanks to : Allison Morris, The Irish News.

MAN ‘BREACHED’ SEX OFFENCES ORDER

468589_10152829162325697_1797669951_o

A man who was freed from prison last Wednesday has been sent back to jail after he allegedly breached a Sexual Offences Prevention Order within 24 hours of his release.

Ian Kernohan, with an address at a probation hostel on Belfast’s Ormeau Road, is accused of breaching the order by contacting a “vulnerable” female.

Belfast Magistrates Court was told he allegedly went to an internet cafe and contacted the person via Facebook.

A judge remanded him into custody.

ACCUSED REFUSES TO ENTER DOCK

Police say girl was sexually assaulted

A BAIL hearing of a man charged with abducting and sexually assaulting a 7-year-old child was held in his absence yesterday after he refused to enter the dock. David Paige (42) gave his address as a hostel in Belfast, but he has been living in Lurgan, Co Armagh.

45718_427455877334192_1719318447_n

He was restrained by prison officers as he tried to turn away from the dock at Craigavon Magistrates Court. He has also been charged with breaching a sexual prevention order. The charges relate to an incident in Albert Street, Lurgan, on Tuesday. The district judge later agreed to hear the bail application in Paige’s absence. A detective constable alleged Peige had intercepted a girl as she was walking home from a friends house on Tuesday and persuaded her to enter his house at Albert Avenue and then sexually assulted her. The court heard the girl told the accused she wanted to leave but claimed that Paige got “very angry” and told her that if she said to he mother and father what had happened she would never be allowed back into his house. The court heard the girl told her father who in turn contacted police. The detective said that the windows of Paige’s home were smashed the same evening and he was taken away by police for his own safety. He was later arrested. Paige is already the subject of a sexual prevention order that forbids him having contact with children. He was refused bail and is to appear again via video link next month.

Meanwhile a 25-year-old man has appeared in court in Banbridge charged with a number of sexual offences against children, including rape. Andrew Trevor Williamson, from Dromore Street, Banbridge, was chargec with two counts of raping a girl who was under the age of 16.

He faces seven charges in total, including sexual activity with another girl under 16, grooming and trafficing within the UK for sexual exploitation. Armagh Magistrates Court was told that all the alleged offences took place in locations in Co Down and Co Armagh between June 2012 and January 2013. He was remanded in custody to appear via video link at Newry Magistrates Court on May 23.

79-year-old due in court

A 79-year-old man is due to appear before Downpatrik Magistrates Court on June 6 charged with a total of 21 offences, including seven counts of indecent assault and gross indecency. He is also charged with seven counts of cruelty and seven of assault occaisoning actual bodily harm. The charges relate to historical offences that occurred in the Downpatrick and greater Belfast areas between 1966 and the present and are understood to involve a number of people.

With many thanks to : Irish News.

ANGER AS ‘PUBLIC NUISANCE’ SEX OFFENDER IS HANDED A SIX-MONTH SUSPENDED JAIL TERM

A VICTIM of a sex offender his hit out at the latest sentence handed to the North Belfast man who a magistrate this week branded a “public nuisance“. James Rankin was given a six-month suspended sentence and put on the sex offenders register for seven years after exposing himself to a woman as she walked through a park last July.

James Rankin leaves Laganside Courthouse in Belfast where he was appearing in relation to exposing himself in pubic.
James Rankin leaves Laganside Courthouse in Belfast where he was appearing in relation to exposing himself in pubic.

While Belfast Magistrates Court was told he had ‘propositioned’ another woman just one month earlier, it has also emerged he carried out a more serious attack previously. The victim, who was 20 at the time, was assaulted by Rankin who tried to drag her into undergrowth as she walked her dog at the Bone Hills in the Oldpark area of North Belfast. The young woman, who was left traumatised by the attack which happened in broad daylight, managed to free herself and run off following a struggle. Rankin (36), of Clareglen in Ballysillan, sped off in his car but his victim managed to memorise the registration and reported it to police, who traced him to him home within hours of the offence. At a hearing in December last year, the court was told when police arrived Rankin had changed and his clothing was in the washing machine in an attempt to destroy any evidence. He denied the offences but was found guilty of attempted sexual assault. Last month he was sentenced to four years in prison suspended for two years and placed on the sex offenders register for that offence.

However, his young victim was not told at the time that Rankin was facing a further charge of exposing himself and committing a sex act in front of another woman, who fled the scene and reported him to police. Rankin again denied the offence, claiming he hadn’t been in the park, but later entered a guilty plea just as a  contest  hearing was due to take place. Sentencing him on Wednesday for the second offence, District Judge Amanda Henderson told Rankin had he made physical contact with the woman he would have gone straight to prison. Speaking to The Irish Newsthe mother of Rankin’s first victim said her daughter feels let down that she was not informed about the latest case. ” My daughter went through the ordeal of giving evidence in court beause she thought it would stop this happening again to anyone else,” she said. “She only found out that he had attacked another woman when she read it in the paper. “The day we went to court he didn’t care less – he walked up and down past us smirking. “He’s more than a mmenace, he’s a danger to women everywhere and should have been jailed.”

With many thanks to : Allison Morris, Irish News.

CONVICTED SICKO WORKING AS KIDS DJ !

Paedo caged for grooming girl is nicked after children’s party.

A convicted peadophile who groomed a North of Ireland schoolgirl online has been nabbed working as a kids DJ. Depraved Anthony Scott Taylorfrom Radcliffe in England, was caged for in 2010 for a series of sickening sex attacks on a 15-year-old.

PERVERT - Anthony Scott Taylor who was jailed for sex attacks on a girl in 2010
PERVERT – Anthony Scott Taylor who was jailed for sex attacks on a girl in 2010

The overweight sicko was jailed for nine months after he pleaded guilty to three counts of unlawful carnal knowledge between September and December 2007. Taylor admitted flaying to the North of IIreland three times and having sex with the vulnerable young girl after first meeting her on an internet chat room. During his sentencing hearing the court heard sickening evidence that Tylor booked into hotels in Antrim three times during a four-month period in 2007 for sex with the girl after he had phoned and texted her. The court was told that on one occasion the girl came straight to the hotel straight from school in her uniform and she had her schoolbooks with her, leaving Tylor in no doubt about what age she was. The girl told police that she informed Taylor she was 15 at their first meeting and he replied : “That’s all right.”

In interveiws, Tylor said the girl had a young looking face, but he claimed nothing was ever mentioned abouth her age. He said the sex was consensual and that the girl was “an experienced and willing participent “. The court heard the girl told police that in her veiw the accused had done nothing wrong. The lawyer said that the girl’s mother rang Taylor to tell him to leave her alone because she was only 15. He claimed he immediately broke off contact with the girl, but the girls mother said her dadaughter’s third meeting with him came after a phone call.

Prison

Judge Gemma LLough ran said that by sending Tylor to prison she was sending out a clear signal that the law existed to protect all young people. As well as serving time Tylor was ordered to sign the sex offenders ‘ register and was banned from unsupervised contact with anyone under the age of 18 for five years.But the brazen pervert ignored the conditations and was this week hauled before the courts after he was discovered organising a monthly disco for under 11s at the Funtastic Play Centre in his home town of Radcliffe. Following the venue’s first show on March 1, bosses became aware of Tylor’s past and immediately called police. He performed for more than two hours to a crowd of 25 children for a 30 fee and later told officers he had not understood the terms of the order. He was arrested for breaching the order after the disco, and hauled before Bury magistrates court.Shazia Aslam, prosecuting, said : The defendant is prohibited from working with children or vulnerable adults and is allowed no unsupervised contact with any under-18 unless it is consented by the parents or police.

Approached

The court heard an employee had aapproached Taylor with a view to employing him to DJ a monthly children’s disco for zero to 11-year-olds beginning on March 1. The court heard the staff member contacted Taylor as he is the brother of one of her good friends. She made it clear to him that the party was for children aged under 11. He set up his lights and DJ equipment and the children started to arrive at 5.45pm and were supervised by parents. The party ended at 8pm when the music was stopped and the defendant left at 8.30pm. Emma Savage, defending, said : There’s clearly work that needs to be done with Mr Taylor. This offence has been committed as he had some confusion with the conditions of the Sex Offender Order. He was given a six-month community order with supervision. He was also order-ed to pay £85 costs and a £60 victim surcharge. A spokesman for Funtastic Play Centre said : Everyone at Funtastic Play Centre is deeply upset by the recent events and we are relieved the matter has been dealt with.

With many thanks to : Eavan Murray, Sunday World.

Related articles

Photographs of PSNI officers ‘found on hard drives’

Londonderry Magistrates Court The accused appeared at Londonderry Magistrates Court
 
Photos of police officers were found on computer hard drives and other media devices during a search of a house in Londonderry in 2011, a court has heard.

Appearing at Londonderry Magistrates Court was Gerard Francis O’Donnell, 52, a taxi driver from Strangford Park.

He denies collecting or making digital or video recordings of police officers contrary to the Terrorism Act 2000.

The defendant was released on his own bail of £1,000 to appear in court again on 25 February.

The defendant replied “definitely not guilty” to committing the offence when his home was searched on 20 June of last year.

A detective constable told District Judge Barney McElholm that the defendant had admitted posting the photographs and images of officers on the 32 County Sovereignty Movement‘s website.

As part of his bail conditions Mr O’Donnell has been banned from using recording devices outside his home, except when at recognised sporting events.

He was also ordered not to attend any illegal public meetings and to report to the police twice each week.