Mark said the collusion aspect was evident “immediately” following the attack, with eyewitnesses claiming a UDR jeep stationed opposite the bookmakers moved only minutes before the murders took place, allowing the killers to drive in.
“Within a week people were asking for the ballistics report and the RUC refused to release it. But the Cory Report in 2004 into Pat Finucane’s death mentions the guns used in both attacks. The information was deleted as it was seen as ‘a risk to national security’ but we wondered what there was to hide. We found out about the Stobie information after that.”
Despite Dundonald man Mark Rice being found guilty of possession of the assault rifle used in the attack in 1993, he was eventually cleared of the five murders.
Mark said the 20th anniversary of the Sean Grahams attack would bring fresh impetus to the campaign for the truth to be revealed.
“We want the Public Prosecution Service to bring a fresh investigation using all the information and evidence available, including that contained in the RFJ report.
“There are children and grandchildren who weren’t even born at the time taking up the baton to get to the truth. Another generation of family members will always be there to fight for this, no matter how long it takes.”
A new memorial to the victims of Sean Graham’s will be unveiled in place of the current plaque at 2.25pm on Sunday (February 5), 20 years to the day since the attack. It will be preceded by an anniversary Mass at 11.30am the same day in St Malachy’s Church.
The massacre is also detailed in a new graphic novel that is now available to see at the RFJ offices on the Fall Road. It contains drawings of Troubles killings that had elements of collusion including Sean Graham’s, Pat Finucane and the McGurk’s Bar bombing.
With Many Thanks to : By Scott Jamison Belfast Media Group
- Miami massacre report indicates RUC collusion in Tyrone murders, claims Dungannon Councillor (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Today the family of Pat Finucane take a Legal Challange to Fight for Justice ! Lets all wish them luck ! (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Colllusion Is Not an Illusion” (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Miami Showband: “Disturbing questions about collusive and corrupt behaviour” (sluggerotoole.com)
- To the objective, impartial observer, disturbing questions about collusive and corrupt behaviour are raised (sluggerotoole.com)