The ongoing Neglect and Torture inflicted on Gary McDaid
It has been brought to the attention of the IRPWA that Gary McDaid is suffering a debilitating illness within the walls of MagHaberry but has been informed by the authorities that he will not be receiving treatment as he is not a sentenced prisoner.
Gary suffers from a serious form of Glaucoma and there is a genetic family history of this disease which has led to family members suffering complete blindness.
The optician who was able to gain access to examine him stated that he had not seen such a rapid regression in one so young and without treatment, could lead to Gary losing his sight.His feet have also swollen to such an extent, he can’t put on shoes.
Last week saw charges against Gary for wrecking his cell. Any and all personal artifacts were removed including photographs of his children.
He is existing in his own waste in solitary confinement with Loyalist prisoners being given access to bang on his cell door and shout threats consistently and this all appears to be part of a greater agenda by shadowy British crown forces to exert pressure on him through this form of torture.
His existence, ill, in a bare holding cell with a one inch rubber mattress and living with the stench and health implications through his protest, some would have you think had been consigned to history.
This is reality in 2013. This is British torture on Irish soil and typifies the age old disregard towards human rights for those not beholden to the British crown.
Help end the neglect in MagHaberry..Help highlight the ongoing injustices by a cruel British torture regime and those who back them.
Important – Please share
- 94-year-old Derry sisters could be Northern Ireland’s oldest twins (VIDEO) (irishcentral.com)
- GARY McDAID FINDS HIMSELF PLACED IN A CRIMINAL WING IN MAGHABERRY GAOL, DELIBERATELY ISOLATED BY THE BRITISH CROWN. (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- The Visit to Maghaberry Monday 24th June 2013 (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Alone and Condemned – Brutalised !!! (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Man arrested over 2009 Derry murder (bbc.co.uk)
- Response Regarding Stephen Murney From Amnesty International Ireland – Slective About Condemnation of Abuse !!! (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Worker published Maghaberry POW-Statement (supportthepows.wordpress.com)
- STATEMENT FROM ROE4 POWs ON CONTROLLED MOVEMENT IN MAGHABERRY (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Justice for the Craigavon Two – Let the Truth Unfold !!!! (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- End the Ongoing Abuse and Torture of Irish Political Prisoners (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)