Cumann Joe McKelvey Stewartstown

Cumann Joe McKelvey Stewartstown

The Joe mckelvey society invite all republicans to attend the graveside commemoration for vol, william price on easter monday at 11.00 am in brocagh graveyard;all republicans welcome.

Vol. William Price

POSTED ON BEHALF OF : Cumann Joe McKelvey Stewartstown

SAS KILLED IRA DUO ” AS THEY LAY INJURED ” !

Mural commemorating those killed in the Loughg...

TWO IRA men were shot dead as they lay wounded after being confrounted by SAS troops who had been keeping them under surveillance, it was claimed at an inquest on Wednsday 14th March 2012.

 Karen Quinlivan, a barrister representing the familes of the two Republicians, challenged soliders claims that they opened fire to protect themselves against armed terrorists in 1990 near a farm outbuildings in Co Armagh. She alleged : ” You make sure the wounded man is no longer wounded, he is dead.” Dessie Grew (37) and Martin McCaughey (23) died in a hail of 72 bullets near the farm buildings in October 1990. Special forces had been monitoring the mushroom shed near Loughgall because they suspected a stolen vehicle inside was to be used for terrorism. While soldiers argued that care had to be taken that suspects could no longer harm them, Ms Quinlivan asked whether they could have disarmed and arrested the two men.

She told a soldier witness at the Belfast inquest : ” After the two men had fallen to the ground in circumstances where they were clearly wounded by high-velocity rounds, which you will acknowledge are extremely damaging, SoldierD fired two shots into Dessie Grew as he ley face down on the ground and it appears also fired a third shot, the fatal shot, into Martin McCaughey’s head as he lay on his back on the ground.” Yesterday was day three (Wednsday 14th March 2012) of the inquest. Soldiers who will appear later are expected to argue that their lives were endangered, Ms Quinlivan said.

Loughgall, Co.

Evidence already before the inquest jury from a doctor who examined the dead IRA men said they were lying near guns and ammunition. Soldier J, an expert in training SAS soldiers, said servicemen may still be under threat even if their target is wounded. Ms Quinlivan said : ” You seem to be suggesting that it is soldiers’ practice to finish off wounded men?” Soldier J responded : ” It is in the soldiers mind tatn if he is approaching someone that may be wounded, may be still armed, may have something that could harm him, it is his responsibility to render that threat no more.” The inquest is one of several so-called security force ” shoot-to-kill ” incidents which have sparked official investigations. The officer commanding at the time, Soldier K, has denied there was a policy of shoot-to-kill.

The inquest continues….

 

 IRA MAN ” DYING ” BEFORE FINAL SHOT.

AN IRA man was already dead or dying when he was shot on the ground from close range by an SAS soldier, a pathologist told a Belfast inquest. 

Dessie Grew ( 37 ) was one of two Provisionals gunned down near sheds under surveillance by special forces for terrorist activity near Loughgall, Co Armagh , in 1990. A total of 72 bullets were discharged at Martin McCaughey,(23) and Grew and a lawyer for their familes has accused a special forces member of finishing them off while they were  lying defenceless on the ground. Pathologist Dr Nat Cary said : ” You could not assume he ( GREW ) was dead but you could assume he was dying of his other wounds. Even when people are critically injured they may last a few minutes.” The inquest is probing one of several so-called security force ” shoot-to-kill ” incidents which have sparked controversy and a series of official investigations. Soldier D admitted firing the final two shots at Grew, claiming he moved as he opened a barn door, causing the former corporal to instinctively reach for his gun. Soldier D denied firing a third bullet at McCaughy’s head while he was lying on the ground. Dr Cary said that, given the number of bullets discharged and the nature of the injuries, it was highly likely that Grew and McCaughey received shots whilst on the ground or partially so.

The inquest continues….

 

WITH MANY THANKS TO : MICHAEL McHUGH, BELFAST TELEGRAPH.

POLICE GIVEN ” SHOOT-TO-KILL ” FILES DEADLINE !

Shoot to Kill (1990 TV drama)

A SENIOR Coroner has granted Police a week to present a new plan to end a standoff on disclosing files on alleged shoot-to-kill incidents during the Troubles. The PSNI had been criticised for a late objection to how documents containing one million pages relating to nine long-delayed inquests were to be processed.

Lawyers for the families objected and after Coroner John Leckey gave Chief Constable Matt Baggott one week to give an explanation , the police responded by seeking time to present a timetabled plan to resolve the issue. The preliminary hearing in Belfast heard police believed they could present a proposal which would see the documentation issue dealt with by the end of the year, allowing the long-awaited probes to begin in 2013.

The cases involve six people, including IRA members and a Catholic teenager, shot by security forces around Lurgan and Armagh in 1982 amid claims there was a deliberate intention to kill them. The coroner will also examine the deaths of three RUC officers in a bomb blast weeks earlier, an attack allegedly carried out by the IRA men who were subsequently gunned down and therefore seen as a potential motivation for the claimed shoot-to-kill policy.

A mural in Belfast on collusion between the Br...

Fiona Doherty, representing two of the police shooting victims, said she had little choice but to accept the proposal. ” It seems that the PSNI are prepared to come up with a more detailed proposal,” she said. ” We are where we are but we have been coming to these preliminary hearings since 2007 and I am not really at all clear what the police have been doing for the past five years.” ” We really have no choice but to say that we accept the proposal for adjournment. All the cards are in police hands.” A lawyer representing the police said of the task to prepare the major collection of documentation : ” Work has continued apace throughout and will continue.” The court heard that the issues were about the management of the process. Mr Leckey said : ” I look forward to receiving the written submission next Friday, or by next Friday.”

The coroner is investigating the deaths of IRA volenteers, Eugene Toman, Sean Burns and Gervaise McKerr near Lurgan, Co Armagh, in November 1982. Police fired 109 bullets into the car the three were travelling in, claiming it had crashed through a checkpoint. It later emerged they were suspected of involvement in the killings of the three RUC officers in the bomb attack a fortnight earlier and had been under observation. Sergeant John Quinn and constables Alan McCloy and Paul Hamilton died when an IRA device exploded beneath their armoured police car in Kinnego, near Lurgan.

Mural, Falls Road, Belfast [6] Another mural o...

The other alleged shoot-to-kill incidents Mr Leckey will examine are the deaths of teenager Michael Tighe, shot dead by the RUC in November 1982 at a hay shed near Craigavon, Co Armagh, where rifles were stored, and suspected INLA men Roddy Carroll and Seamus Grew, shot dead at a police checkpoint near Armagh in December 1982. The inquests were due to start next April, running chronologically. The bomb attack on the three RUC officers will be examined first. An investigation into whether police set out to kill was carried out in the years after the incidents by former Greater Manchester Police deputy chief constable John Stalker and Sir Colin Sampson of West Yorkshire Police. The Stalker and Sampson reports were long classified top secret but the PSNI finally handed over edited versions to the coroner in 2010 after a long legal battle. The reports were then passed to lawyers for the families.

WITH MANY THANKS TO : Steven McCaffery, THE IRISH NEWS.

ULSTER-SCOTS DREAMS END AS SCHOOL TO CLOSE !

Ulster Scots design

A RURAL primary school – with hopes of becoming Northern Irelands first Ulster-Scots school – has lost it’s battle against closure. Ballykeigle Primary School, on the outskirts of Comber, was yesterday( Wednsday 21st March 2012) told thats its doors will be closing this June after numbers fell to less than 40.

Under Department of Education criteria, a rural school needs an enrolment of 105 pupils to be sustainable long-term. The news has come as a blow to the dozens of parents who had tirelessly campaigned to keep the 174-year-old school open. As well as taking their fight to the doors of two Stormont ministries – Culture and Education – parents launched a major recruitment drive. The Ulster-Scots Agency had also expressed interest in setting up a two-year pilot project at Ballykeigle which would have seen Ulster-Scots culture and heritage being delivered through the curriculum.

Education Minister John O'Dowd at Anti Bullyin...

Education Minister John O’ Dowd said : ” It is with regret that I have agreed the closure of this school. ” However, with a steady decline in enrolments over a period of several years, leading to a total enrolment of only 40 pupils in the 2011/12 year, I feel my decision is in the best education interests of the pupils and future generations. ” I would like to pay tribute to all those connected with Ballykeigle Primary School who over many years have shown their commitment and dedication to pupils in the locality.” Jim Prentice, chairman of Ballykeigle board of governors, whose family has links to the school since its opening, said : ” It is a sad day. Ballykeigle has been part of the community for generations.” However, he added : ” The governors are disappointed given the amount of effort we made in our representations. ” It is unfortunate and regrettable, but not unexpected because of falling roles.”

WITH MUCH THANKS TO : LINDSAY FERGUS, BELFAST TELEGRAPH.

JUDGE IMPRISONS SEX ATTACKER( A FORMER SOLDIER ) GERALD VERNER ( 23 )

A FORMER SOLDIER who was discharged from the army after being injured in Afghanistan subjected a terrified women to a ” ghastly…. cruel and callous” sex attack in North Belfast.This was the fourth women Gerald Verner had physically and violently assaulted.

The judge said the 23 – year – old was a danger to women and jailed him for seven years. Judge Gemma Loughran told him his victims statement ” Is a chilling account of a ghastly experience, a very cruel and callous series of attacks by you “. She said it would be up to the parole board when and under what licence conditions he would be released under and added that he would serve an extra three years on that licence. Last month, just before his 20-year-old victim was due to take the stand Verner, from Forthriver Park in north Belfast, pleaded guilty to charges that he sexually assulated, falsely imprisoned, threatened to kill and caused actual bodily harm to the women on February 6th last year.

The court heard Friday 23rd March 2012 how he took the women prisoner in his Forthriver Park home and that during the terrifying ordeal, he sexually attacked her, threatened to kill her and punched and kicked her in the face. Verner suffered permanent hearing damage in a road side bomb in Afghanistan. In jailing Verner, Judge Loughran said he had ” violated her dignity ” and that it was a ” seriously aggravating factor ” that this was his fourth female victim, although she accepted it is Verner’s first sex crimes. She also imposed an indefinite Sexual Offences Prevention Order barring Verner from ever contacting his victim or her family, living at any address without approval, changing his personal circumstances such as address, Job or car ownership wihout prior approval or from entering a new relationship without telling his designated risk manager.CONVICTED RAPEST

Toniiight, We Are Youngg!! Check out Mikey J… x GiNO’s NEW music video, “We Are Young REMIX”!!See more

Toniiight, We Are Youngg!! Check out Mikey J x GiNO's NEW music video, "We Are Young REMIX"!!

 

28 March

 
901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066
 
 
POSTED ON BEHALF OF : Public event · By ‘Michael ‘Mikey J’ Rayner’

 

UNUSUALLY QUIET…MP SLAMS STEPHEN NOLAN’S SILENCE ON PAY ROW !

MP GREGORY Campbell has accused Stephen Nolan of running scared after it emerged that BBC Northern Ireland is planning to pay the presenter £5,000 a time to host a new TV show.

Stephen Nolan

Mr Campbell, a long – term critic of the non – disclosure of BBC stars’ salaries, said he has been trying in vain to contact Nolan since Wednesday, when the Belfast Telegraph exclusively revealed details of what he would be paid for his new show. The disclosure sparked a furore at Broadcasting House, prompting an emergency union meeting among BBC NI journalists angry that such a huge figure was being paid to one individual at a time of severe financial cutbacks at the corporation.

Mr Campbell, meanwhile, described Nolan’s silence over the controversy as ” IRONIC ” and claimed the presenter was burying his head in the sand. ” When Nolan is trying to get a politician on air and they’re not immediately available, he criticises them,” said the East Derry MP. ” At times he has actually let radio silence go for a few seconds and then told listeners: ” That’s your answer: nothing, silence, zero”, ” And now he’s doing exactly the same thing with me. It’s yet another example of double standards.” Mr Campbell suggested that 38 – year – old Nolan may have been ” embarrassed ” about the revelations, coming as they do  a week after the Radio Ulster/Radio Five Live presenter had been quizzing the DUP politician over Stormont MLAs‘ £5,000 annual pay increase.

” He was cross – examining me about a pay rise that I don’t get because I’m an MP, yet he’s getting what appears to be a pay rise of £5,000 a show on top of his existing, inflated and secret salary.” He added : ” I have gone directly to Nolan – and he has not responded. I’ve never known an occasion when I’ve tried to get onto the radio show and they have systematically refused, as has happened over the past couple of days.”

The Stephen Nolan Show

A  BBC  NI spokesman last night said : ” We do not publish personal information about BBC presenters or commercially sensitive details about the BBC’s programme costs.”

6 QUESTIONS THE MOUTHY STAR MUST ANSWER !!!

(1)  HOW MUCH PUBLIC MONEY GOES TOWARDS YOUR ENTIRE SALARY ?

(2)  HOW MANY SHIRTS AND TIES ARE APPROPRIATE FOR THE £4K PUBLIC MONEY USED TO BUY YOUR CLOTHES FOR THE PROGRAMMES ?

(3)  WITH A WARDROBE ALLOWANCE FOR THE TV SHOW, DOES PUBLIC MONEY GO TOWARDS YOUR TRAVEL COSTS AND HOTEL COSTS ?

(4)  SINCE YOU GET £55K FOR 10/11 HOURS OF PRESENTING ON TV, DO YOU GET £5K PER PROGRAMME ON RADIO ULSTER AND MORE FOR NATIONAL RADIO 5LIVE ?

(5)  IS IT RIGHT THAT WHILST YOU GET £5K PER PROGRAMME THE HARD WORKING JOURNALIST ONLY GETS £200 OR ” PUNTER’S ” GET £100 FOR THEIR EFFORT ?

(6)  WITH FRONT-LINE STAFF CUTS IN THE BBC DO YOU FEEL JUSTIFIED TAKING THIS SALARY ?

 

 Related articles