The Blame Game: Lawyers say 14-year-old consented to rape; shares blame
Tri Parish Times
Child advocates say that’s precisely the point: That children do not end up in the detention center because they or their families are exemplary.
See on www.tri-parishtimes.com
A Dundee man who had more than 77,000 indecent images and videos was yesterday (Tuesday) placed on the sex offenders register for three years.
Richard Caffrey, 52, had admitted that, on October 23 at Ambleside Terrace, he had in his possession indecent photographs or pseudo photographs of children.
He had also admitted that, between July 14 and October 23, at the same place he took or permitted to be taken or made indecent photographs or pseudo photographs of children.
The court heard police attended after receiving intelligence that indecent images of children had been accessed.
Fiscal depute Laura Bruce said: “Experts found 77,861 indecent images and videos on the computer — 35,025 were still in place and readily accessible and 42,836 had been deleted but police managed to recover them. The total number of images and videos covered the range…
View original post 147 more words
From Al Jeezera, sad but not surprising that the setller media is silent on this
Native American activist Leonard Peltier has been in prison for 37 years this month, for a crime his supporters say he did not commit. [AP]
“I think I can explain beyond serious doubt, that Leonard Peltier has committed no crime whatsoever,” said former US Attourney General Ramsey Clark. “But that if he had been guilty of firing a gun that killed an FBI Agent, it was in defense of not just his people but the integrity of humanity from domination and exploitation.”
A new effort is underway on the anniversary of Native American activist Leonard Peltier’s conviction to urge President Barack Obama to grant clemency to a man Amnesty International considers to be a “political prisoner” in the United States.
This effort is spearheaded by the Leonard Peltier Defense Offense Committee and joined by his…
View original post 2,438 more words
New sex abuse crisis in Scottish Catholic church
Priest claims he was abused by older cleric, and church is punishing him for speaking out
- The Observer, Sunday 28 July 2013
The Catholic church in Scotland faces a fresh sex-abuse crisis involving some of the country’s senior clerics. The Observer has seen documents suggesting a scandal similar to the one that led to the resignation of Cardinal Keith O’Brien as Archbishop of Edinburgh and St Andrews.
As a seminarian, a priest known as “Father Michael”, who wishes to remain anonymous while an appeal to Rome is made, said he was sexually assaulted by a parish priest, Father Paul Moore. Father Michael said the church failed to deal appropriately with his complaint over a 17-year period, and that he is now being ousted from the church…
View original post 160 more words