More British dirty-tricks and underhandedness
The Brit’s doing what the British Secret (sabotage) Service do at their very best at LIES, LIES and more LIES!!!
A CO ARMAGH man who faced dissident republican bomb charges has been cleared amid claims the British SAS destroyed vital records same as ( The Craigavon Two ) in the case.
Suggestions that the notorious murdering British army unit have been operating in the north emerged after prosecutors said they were offering no further evidence against Lurgan man Ryan McKenna. Mr McKenna (25), of Lurgantarry, had denied charges of conspiracy to cause explosions, possession of explosves with intent to endanger life or damage property and possession of explosives under suspicious circumstances between March and April 2007, another case now proven to be Internment by Remand. He was arrested in Co Mayo in the South of Ireland (where the SAS must also be operating) last year and extradited to face charges relating to what is believed to have been a (CIRA) Continuity IRA horizontal mortar found in Lurgan. It was claimed last night that prosecutors withdrew the case after being challenged by defence solicitors about an undisclosed statement made by a British soldier involved in a covert surveillance operation. Solicitor Peter Corrigan said when the statement was handed over it indicated that “aspects had been deleted”. He claimed the case “demonstrates the misuse of covert surveillance by the British army at the highest level”. “In this particular case the SAS destroyed the radio log, all their debriefing notes and notebooks,” he said. Mr Corrigan said his client is considering legal action for the time he spent (on Internment on Remand) in custody. Mr McKenna was not in court yesterday to hear a prosecution lawyer tell judge Patricia Smyth, sitting without a jury, that they were offering “no further evidence” and there was therefore “no further reason to keep him in custody”. Sean Devine, defending, asked for a formal finding of not guilty to be lodged on each of the three charges during the unscheduled sitting of Belfast Crown Court. On Monday the court had heard that Mr McKenna was arrested along with his brother Damien and two others following surveillance by undercover soldiers on Cornakinnegar Road near the Kilwilkie estate in Lurgan on the evening of March 29 2007. An hour later the four were stopped in a Nissan Primera car. When searched Mr McKenna was found to have two dog whistles. Police also uncovered square batteries in the vehicle. The court heard he later said he was on his way to his sister’s house in Lurgantarry when he met his brother Damien. Despite a two-day search of the area, nothing was found and all four men were released. During a follow-up search on April 2007 an improvised mortor bomb device and launching tube were found “concealed behind dead grass and vegetation”. A British army bomb-disposal officer said it was ready for use a command wire was attached. At the time Mr McKenna could not be located and “his details were circulated as a person wanted for arrest”. However, his brother and two other Lurgan men, Sean McConvlle and Gary Toman, were re-arrested after their DNA was found linking them to the device. The court heard they later pleaded guilty to possessing explosives with intentent to endanger life and were sentenced to 15 years in jail.
With many thanks to: The Irish News, for the origional story.