Fuair she has at son saoirse name hEireann
Antaine Mac Dhomhnaill
It is the Anniversary of Internment today when the British state declared its nefarious intent on the Irish People. Raiding thousands of homes before dawn, battering the inhabitants and interning without trial hundreds of innocents but not before a “screening” process deployed in specially designed torture camps.
Óglaigh na h-Éireann went to the defence of the people as is its duty and in confronting the most blatant and brutal expression of the British Presence in our Country Óglach Paddy McAdorey was shot dead in Ardoyne.
Commemorate the remarkable will of all our people to achieving justice and peace and attend the anti internment rally this evening, pay tribute to all those who guarded the sanctity of the ranks with Óglach McAdorey through courage and principled conviction while simultaneously demanding the human rights for those denied those rights this day.
The British Government on internment morning did not, it never has and it never will differentiate between the Irish Irish in Ireland, it sees one enemy people – present to them that cohesiveness today. Beidh ár lá linn go tapaigh!!
“Patrick McAdorey 24 years, Ardoyne, north Belfast, an IRA activist, he was shot dead by British soldiers in Ardoyne on 9 August 1971. Internment without trial was introduced in the early hours of 9 August, and the Ardoyne area like many nationalist areas in the North of Ireland were entered by large forces of British troops on raid and arrest operations. During the resistance to these operations scores of people were killed or injured by British forces”
- Oglach Thomas McElwee 30/11/1957 – 8/8/1981 Died after 63 days on Hunger-Strike RIP (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Updated news from the Ballymurphy Massacre Committee (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Oglaigh na hEireann Kevin Lynch…. Died August 1st, 1981- Rest in Peace (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Liam O Loinsigh ~ Liam Lynch ~ 9 November 1893 ~ 10 April 1923 ~ RIP (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Support Ardoyne’s People: Support Garc !!! (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Revealed: Loyalists Campsite Protest in North Belfast Over Banned Ardoyne Parade (belfastdaily.co.uk)