FRESH scenes of the horrific slaughter of innocent civilians in Syria have emerged as violence in the Middle Eastern country spirals out of control.The images show tearful children sobbing over the bloodied bodies of relatives killed in another massacre carried out by forces loyal to President Bashar Assad. In the most recent atrocity it was claimed that pro-regime militia killed 12 factory workers on Thursday after forcing them off a bus in the village of Qusair.
Video footage released by Assad’s opponents showed the disfigured bodies of at least a dozen victims who were shot in the head or stomach at close range. It follows the slaughter of more than 100 civilians, including 49 children, in Houla last week. Syria’s most important ally, Russia, has again refused to support moves that could lead to foreign intervention.
Last Thursday, a Syrian goverernment investigation into the killings blamed armed rebel groups seeking to trigger foreign military interventon. The claim was dismissed by US permanent representative to the UN, Susan Rice, as a ” BLATANT LIE ” !
- UN Condemns Syria, but Russia … (foxnews.com)
- I saw massacre of children, says defecting Syrian air force officer (guardian.co.uk)
- UN: Syria may face prosecution over massacre – Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)
- UN Rights Body Discusses Syrian Slaughter – Voice of America (voanews.com)
- More deadly clashes over Syria erupt in Lebanon (cbc.ca)