A 600lb device found on the outskirts of Newry a week and a half ago could have been set off by someone in the area with a transmitter, according to reports.
Mr Harris added that it was designed to kill and was to be detonated with a remote transmitter.
“Anyone close to that bomb, had it exploded, would not have survived,” Mr Harris stated.
WITH MANY THANKS TO : THE BELFASTELEGRAPH.
- Dissident republicans ‘have remote detonation capability’ (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Republican dissident suspects held (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Four dissident suspects held (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Police blame dissidents for huge van bomb – Scotsman (scotsman.com)
- Republican dissidents blamed for planting bombs in Northern Ireland – The Guardian (guardian.co.uk)