AN ATTEMPT to name a north Belfast Street in memory of 15 people murdered in a Loyalist bombing which the then RUC claimed was an own goal and accused the McGurk family being personally involved in the bombing is back on the agenda, despite unionist opposition.
DUP councillor Brian Kingston opposed it. ” Is this the route we want to go down, renaming streets in Belfast after atrocities of the troubles, ” he asked.
- Sinn Fein set to support Belfast Diamond Jubilee events (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- The Siege of New Forge: Unionism’s latest pyrrhic triumph. (sluggerotoole.com)
- New UUP leader rules out electoral pact with DUP (leftfootforward.org)
- On Robinson as leader & the limitations of his ‘slightly conciliatory’ strategy (sluggerotoole.com)
- Talking about Reconciliation … (sluggerotoole.com)