Six men have been arrested by detectives investigating a dissident republican parade, which took place in Londonderry on Easter Monday
Several hundred dissident republican supporters watched as a colour party marched to the cemetery.
After wreaths were laid, a masked man wearing black combat clothing addressed the crowd and threatened further violence against police and soldiers.
He claimed to be speaking on behalf of the organisation Óglaigh na hÉireann and said they would continue to attack “Crown forces” and “British interests and infrastructure”.
His words were met with applause by the crowd.
A PSNI helicopter hovered overhead during the event but there was no attempt to move in as police officers kept their distance.
In a statement, police said they “took the decision to run a low-key operational response to the event”.
“Any alleged breaches of criminal law reported to police or coming to our attention will be rigorously and thoroughly investigated,” local area commander Chief Inspector Gary Eaton said.
“The PSNI work to ensure that all their actions are appropriate, proportionate and lawful. Our priorities are to protect the public, preserve public order, uphold the human rights of all and gather evidence of any wrong-doing,” he added.
The six men, who were arrested in connection with the incident on Monday afternoon, have been taken to Antrim Serious Crime Suite for questioning.
Police have appealed for anyone with information to come forward.
WITH MANY THANKS TO: UTV NEWS.
- Dissidents in jail after judicial review (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Judge refuses PSNI footage bid (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Dissent In The Ranks? (ansionnachfionn.com)
- ‘Very, VERY, lucky’: Soldier finds bomb under his car seat on visit to see girlfriend in Belfast (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Militants Claim Intelligence Success… (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)