An independent doctor from Physicians for Human Rights-Israel who examined Shalabi said her life was at risk. The doctor described a weakening of her muscles, weight loss of 14 kilograms, and a very weak pulse.
She has been on a hunger strike since her arrest in the northern West Bank on February 16. She was originally ordered to be detained without trial for six months.
- Palestinian hunger striker Hana Shalabi hospitalized (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Lawyer: Hana Shalabi’s health is deteriorating (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- Doctors say Palestinian hunger striker is critical (mysanantonio.com)
- Shalabi supporters join hunger strike, boycott courts (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- “Hana is not only my daughter, she is the daughter of every Palestinian.” (coalitionforpalestine.org)